Business Development Executive Cover Letter
Business Development Executives help their businesses grow by securing new customers and identifying new opportunities. These professionals are in high demand in every industry and occupy senior roles in their organizations. Business Development Executives should be able to perform the following job functions: attracting new sales leads, promoting products and services, and cultivating relationships with existing customers; in order to do so, they research targeted organizations, take marketing initiatives, and establish rapport with potential customers and business partners.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples, the most sought-after skills in a Business Development Executive are:
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Stamina and perseverance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Networking and relationship building
- Persuasion and selling skills
- Attention to details
- Computer proficiency
- Problem-solving abilities
Comparable Business Development Executive qualifications can be seen in the example cover letter featured beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Business Development Executive Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Pierce:
As an experienced, senior-level business development manager with a strong history of driving dynamic product and service sales, managing partner relationships, and substantially increasing revenues, I stand to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next Business Development Executive at Rewind, Inc.
My experience identifying new business opportunities, cultivating C-level relationships, and spearheading effective sales and market penetration strategies positions me to greatly impact your organization. By leveraging expertise and insight to implement forward-thinking and strategic business development solutions, I excel at skillfully managing programs, projects, and technical services to sustain revenue growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Identifying and managing the implementation of strategic value-added services and solutions in alignment with corporate objectives to open new lines of business, propel overall business success, and achieve organizational goals.
- Doubling revenues every other year while drastically increasing market share and customer base as Vice President of Run Fox Run International.
- Forging and managing strategic, profitable partnerships with decision-makers, management teams, and peers to maximize business development efforts.
- Creating and delivering high-impact presentations while overseeing program evolution and introduction to realize outstanding sales performance and business growth.
My dedication to driving business development and advantage, along with my proven talents in team leadership and operational management, characterize my career accomplishments and will allow me to significantly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Neil H. Haislip
A well-written cover letter serves as your introduction to a company and its hiring manager, or hiring committee, as the case may be. It highlights your career achievements and recognitions, and relates your skills and qualifications for the position. A good cover letter also gives you the opportunity to expand on certain skills that may be overlooked in the resume format. Study this free business development manager cover letter sample and review our extra tips, which will help you write a compelling letter.
Free Business Development Manager Cover Letter Sample
Dear Ms. Tanner,
I am writing in application for the role of business development manager with your organization. With my leadership experience and public relations savvy, I am confident that I am the best candidate for this position.
In your job posting, you explained that this role is critical to your company’s growth. Having worked as a business development manager for an area organization, I know this to be true. I am comfortable working with company executives to develop strategic goals and construct a plan to meet them. Part of those plans include conducting financial analysis to drive wise decision-making in development opportunities.
I also understand the sales side of this position, which involves building and maintaining beneficial relationships with other organizations, including public officials, media representatives, partner organizations, customers, and more.
I have the skills and experience to lead your organization in meeting its long-term business goals, and I would enjoy the opportunity to further discuss my abilities. Thank you for your time.
What to Include in a Business Development Manager Cover Letter
Avoid cliches when creating your cover letter, you want your letter to stand out. You should specifically address the skills outlined in the job posting and your qualifications. Keep the letter short but include enough information to tempt readers to continue. Four paragraphs are plenty to highlight your achievements, as shown in the free business development manager cover letter sample above. Remember to thank the reader for their time and follow up with a request for an interview.
Industry Specific Skills to Include
Here are some qualities you can include, along with those presented above in our free business development manager cover letter sample.
• Organizational planning: You will work with company executives and department managers to develop long-range business goals and put together a plan to meet those goals.
• Financial planning: Working hand-in-hand with the financial manager, you should be able to read and understand budgets, forecasts, and reports.
• Public relations: You will likely be involved with public relations efforts, and you should have a good grasp on this area’s strategies and goals.
• Market research: You need to stay current with market trends and understand how your company can take advantage of shifts in the marketplace.