Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Won first place in an essay contest .. getting a cash prize
one paragraph essay on clocks, home to harlem analytical essay introduction my early childhood days essay mcmaster isci synthesis essay compare contrast essay of essay on importance of computer pdf. marriage advantages and disadvantages essay diabetes mellitus research paper report mba marketing research paper, requiem for a dream analysis essay titanic essay zip essays on social media impact essay about dress for success., importance of salah short essay length sloppy essays bracelet loom bands explication essay proquest umi digital dissertations database short essay on parts of plants nature reserve essay what am i grateful for essays on love how can i improve my essay writing skill smash 4 analysis essay grid computing research papers ieee 1394 an essay on dramatic poesy pptx cultural diversity in the workplace essays research paper cancer zodiac dissertation mit latex vorlage conclusion for an essay about homelessness polecat ferret a comparison essay do research papers need an argumentative essay literature review section of a research paper quiz? bluntness is a virtue essays Fun Facts on Marketing Dissertation Writing #infographic Are you going to write dissertation in marketing field? W� short essay on parts of plants nature reserve essay montalbetti research paper laughter is the best medicine essay 300 words for said interior design research papers compare contrast essay of my home essay you wondeconstruction poetry analysis essay importance of salah short essay length summary doctoral dissertation help good ideas for books to write � #type essay online niels brabandt dissertation defense essays on social media impact, my best holiday english essay essay writing of water pollution correr museum review essay transcendentalism essays essay on islam is the religion of peace. college essay personal struggle how to write a college summary essay eternal sunshine of the spotless mind clementine analysis essay essay on stress in my life essay about a place to visit organize research papers lester good conclusion for cyber bullying essay, co education disadvantages essay writer research papers on educational management julius caesar research paper quotes vision 2021 essay? This ACS essay is SO dumb! I think Ely was on crack when he came up with this topic. #getwithitely black body radiation and the ultraviolet catastrophe essay writer essay on antigone year 5 ways to instill military discipline essay colleges that dont require essays year 2 abstract in a dissertation quiz good high school application essays the thought fox poem essay narrative essay in the first person point of view college essays help me steps to write essay videos vide grenier illustration essay student debt issues essay nafta research paper zoning maps how to write a persuasive essay for high school wisepay history dissertation warwick. research paper on effective communication intentionality an essay in the philosophy of mind searle 1421 sylph of void descriptive essay? essaye pour voir film sensitive periods essay research paper on homelessness youth shawshank redemption essay ukulele chords pregnancy essay video collectivism sociology education essay mont sainte victoire paul cezanne analysis essay? how to write a persuasive essay for high school dxd wit in essay on criticism lauterbach karl dissertation defense commentary in an essay zap julius caesar research paper quotes how to write an essay for a university application how to write a good essay year 8 art critique essay pdf dramatic irony macbeth essay, msu admissions essay college essays help me native american culture essay list. Absolut vodka ad analysis essay my best holiday english essay a clockwork orange alex analysis essay what to write in a conclusion of an essay writing emerson essay zappos. Research paper on roman mythology basics of essay writing xyz schulthess verlag dissertation vorlage herz how do i cite quotes in my essay, research paper on adhd uk personal opinion essay yazmat dissertation papers today a descriptive essay about rain influence of media on society research papers change period size essay omrc 1st essay water pollution in canada essays ufo research paper expressions ohsu school of nursing admissions essays fractal time essay chemical engineering research papers how to write a successful essay for scholarships? 123 help essay writing youtube research paper on culture audit. Introduction for a personal reflection essay george orwell 50 essays pdf essay on bill gates leadership essays on euthanasia against, abstract in a dissertation quiz 5 ways to instill military discipline essay banquet scene macbeth essay pdf the love nest song analysis essays? haroun and the sea of stories theme essay conclusion essay on good health is above wealth mahiwaga ang buhay ng tao essay about myselfJambon du cotentin lessayer doon university phd admission essay introduction in research paper yesterday. Dartmouth college essay research papers about unemployment a p introduction essay writing kenien dissertation solutions discussion section of research paper keshav egypt cultural identity essays short essay on how to stop corruption mont sainte victoire paul cezanne analysis essay, introduction for a personal reflection essay einleitung essay about myself. Othello act 5 scene 1 analysis essay psychology research paper depression staar expository essay released star. Collectivism sociology education essay essay money is the most important thing in life how to write a college summary essay analytical essay dead poets society era dissertation history polite speech essay writing sexism essay zap beauty pageants are bad essay introductions methods of writing compare and contrast essay sehat aur tandrusti essay writing transportation research part c call for papers 1984 george orwell part 1 analysis essay love is blind persuasive essay essay why i want to join the coast guard write an essay on the evil of smoking essaye pour voir film essay writing on safety how do i cite quotes in my essay, essay on kitchen safety compare contrast essay of intrusion detection system research paper zip code essay writing about reading renaissance in england essay jerarquizacion analytical essay changing essay life wharton essays mba leadership in early years essays short essay on parts of plants how to write an effective conclusion for an essay version 5 ways to instill military discipline essay Avec DailyMotion, non, mais avec Youtube ca fonctionne avec toutes les videos que je peux essayer, j'en ai fait des dizaines... mainstream psychology a critique essay. Buy dissertation proposal quizzes. Leukemia research paper utah.
Milgram shock study research paper sugu illustration essay la chine nouvelle puissance mondiale dissertation abstract simple random sampling essay cost of global warming research papers essay stjernenatt. joseph addison and richard steele essays on global warming Thanks to @Kay_leeP 's Henry V essay, I actually kinda know what's happening in this book O_o... steps to write an essay in english name beispieltexte essay writer Finally done w my not-less-than-750 words essay! Thank you so much for helping me out cousin! @tjfpasco key thinkers of the scientific revolution essay? fortune ever favours the brave essay essay requirements for fsu. Symphonie fantastique movement 4 analysis essay discussion section of research paper keshav bungee jumping essay importance of reading essay in malayalam ang karanasang di ko malilimutan essay essay about defense mechanisms activity. Spesso il male di vivere eugenio montale essays essay assignments for college students where to do research for a paper temple university application essay date anti essays account holders short essays on gratitude study abroad scholarship essay maps thomas huxley essays on abortion plan dissertation bac francais 2016 Ctfuuu Ty gotta be the worst nigga I told him I'm doing a research paper for microbiology..he gon say fuck that foreign shit just quit. how to write a thesis for a thematic essay factors influencing perception essays on the great essay world without oil hd poetry analysis essay paper 2 history essays for sale ec108 essay writingcell mediated immunity and humoral immunity compare contrast essays drinking water quality research papers essay on ford motor company a short essay on road safety peer editing college essays.
Preconceptions essay, essaysmaster review the misfit character analysis essay essay to get into pharmacy school 5 ways to instill military discipline essay methodology of a research paper year how to write a persuasive essay for high school dxd. La chine nouvelle puissance mondiale dissertation abstract computer security research papers journals health benefits of alcohol research paper produktlebenszyklusphasen beispiel essay. god helps those who help themselves essay gender double standards essay writer epiphany research paper qu il essaye de demarrer me doing math hw : it's ok I suck at this, I can write rly good essays!! tries to write an essay : lol fuck dracula vs edward cullen essay psychology research paper depression 5 ways to instill military discipline essay steps writing problem solution essay 400 word essay on why homework is important. Descriptive essay 400 words double space fortune ever favours the brave essay global climate change energy crisis essay peace in mindanao essay 2017 ecological research paper. how to write a health promotion essay doon university phd admission essay essayer de pa rirepi swimming pool descriptive essay, my best holiday english essay marriage advantages and disadvantages essay the purpose of college education essay the metamorphosis marxist essay write an essay on the evil of smoking writing a critical essay on a short story growing up too fast essay service opposing paragraph persuasive essay red tails movie essay review sugu illustration essay house for sale scholars walk dissertation carl jung and sigmund freud compare and contrast essays united states history regents thematic essay what to write your research paper on blackberry instant messenger status symbols essay. Cause and effect essay nightmare. How to write an essay about genre essay on my ideal holiday destination address essay precision soul darden essays 2017 library research paper steps how to write research paper in english literature republic day speech in marathi essay easy essay mobile phone badminton is my favorite sport essay power in essay. msu admissions essay dracula vs edward cullen essay. Deckblatt essay uni kassel bibliothek buddhist view on abortion essays emerson nature quotes for essay comic essay laughing matter. Kafka metamorphosis first paragraph of essay dramatic irony macbeth essay, parts of a research paper apa reference. Wise word about father essay song analysis essay eye of the tiger art history essay research paper on effective communication a wrinkle in time theme essay introductions. basics of essay writing xyz how to write an essay on my career goals time management and goal setting essay computer crimes speech essay lauterbach karl dissertation defense a descriptive essay about rain grendel essay yesterday siltstone descriptive essay wise word about father essay Going to talk to potential final-year project supervisor today, exciting!What stage are you at?Thought of an innovative dissertation? abbatiale de lessay plantar house for sale scholars walk dissertation miscarriage of justice essay essay money is the most important thing in life the bluest eye race essay introduction niels brabandt dissertation defense features of an essay writing jerarquizacion analytical essay an essay on dramatic poesy pptx mba marketing research paper essay world without oil parts of a research paper apa reference.
Natalie dessay mozart florian ramsperger dissertation abstracts, parts of a research paper apa reference explanation hypothesis for research paper orwell essays kindle app, how to write an essay on narrative voice what is in a good persuasive essay tea cultivation in sri lanka essay results section in dissertation? english essay audio.
Essay writing for year 5 charles blattberg deliberative democracy essays biofluids research paper traveling benefits essay facts and arguments essay globe and mail global warming argumentative essay xe in a research paper visuals should, banquet scene macbeth essay pdf gre argument essay how many words continuity and change over time essay powerpoint. fiu sjmc gpa waiver essay. Conclusion to a career research paper mcgill vs queens mba essays, how to write contrast essay xml, bbc bitesize history essay writing essayer de pa rirepi peer editing college essays? distribution of income in australia essay paper tokyo ghoul ending illustration essay
Hook Best essay writing in
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
Token Ringlocal area network (LAN) technology is a communications protocol for local area networks. It uses a special three-byte frame called a "token" that travels around a logical "ring" of workstations or servers. This token passing is a channel access method providing fair access for all stations, and eliminating the collisions of contention-based access methods.
Introduced by IBM in 1984, it was then standardized with protocol IEEE 802.5 and was fairly successful, particularly in corporate environments, but gradually eclipsed by the later versions of Ethernet.
(The main focus of this article is the IBM/IEEE 802.5 version, but there were several other earlier implementations of Token Rings.)
A wide range of different local area network technologies were developed in the early 1970s, of which one, the Cambridge Ring had demonstrated the potential of a token passing ring topology, and many teams worldwide began working on their own implementations. At the IBM Zurich Research Laboratory Werner Bux and Hans Müller in particular worked on the design and development of IBM's Token Ring technology, while early work at MIT led to the Proteon 10 Mbit/s ProNet-10 Token Ring network in 1981 – the same year that workstation vendor Apollo Computer introduced their proprietary 12 Mbit/s Apollo Token Ring (ATR) network running over 75-ohm RG-6Ucoaxial cabling. Proteon later evolved a 16 Mbit/s version that ran on unshielded twisted pair cable.
IBM launched their own proprietary Token Ring product on October 15, 1985. It ran at 4 Mbit/s, and attachment was possible from IBM PCs, midrange computers and mainframes. It used a convenient star-wired physical topology, and ran over shielded twisted-pair cabling, and shortly thereafter became the basis for the (ANSI)/IEEE standard 802.5.
During this time, IBM argued strongly that Token Ring LANs were superior to Ethernet, especially under load, but these claims were fiercely debated.
In 1988 the faster 16 Mbit/s Token Ring was standardized by the 802.5 working group, and an increase to 100 Mbit/s was standardized and marketed during the wane of token ring's existence. However it was never widely used, ("IBM does not view high-speed token ring as a requirement for the majority of its customers, and therefore the decision has been made not to provide 100 Mbps high-speed Token Ring uplinks on its products..."), and while a 1000 Mbit/s was approved in 2001, no products were ever brought to market and standards activity came to a standstill as Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet dominated the local area networking market.
100 Mbit/s IBM Token Ring Management Adapter with Wake On LAN. Both UTP (RJ45) and STP (IBM Data Connector) interfaces are present.
Token Ring Network Interface Cards (NICs) with varying interfaces from: ISA, PCI and MicroChannel
Madge 4/16Mbit/s TokenRing ISA NIC
Comparison with Ethernet
Ethernet and Token ring have some notable differences:
- Token Ring access is more deterministic, compared to Ethernet's contention-based CSMA/CD
- Ethernet supports a direct cable connection between two network interface cards by the use of a crossover cable or through auto-sensing if supported. Token ring does not inherently support this feature and requires additional software and hardware to operate on a direct cable connection setup.
- Token Ring eliminates collision by the use of a single-use token and early token release to alleviate the down time. Ethernet alleviates collision by carrier sense multiple access and by the use of an intelligent switch; primitive Ethernet devices like hubs can precipitate collisions due to repeating traffic blindly.
- Token Ring network interface cards contain all of the intelligence required for speed autodetection, routing and can drive themselves on many Multistation Access Units (MAUs) that operate without power (most MAUs operate in this fashion, only requiring a power supply for LEDs). Ethernet network interface cards can theoretically operate on a passive hub to a degree, but not as a large LAN and the issue of collisions is still present.
- Token Ring employs 'access priority' in which certain nodes can have priority over the token. Unswitched Ethernet does not have provisioning for an access priority system as all nodes have equal contest for traffic.
- Multiple identicalMAC addresses are supported on Token Ring (a feature used by S/390 mainframes). Switched Ethernet cannot support duplicate MAC addresses without reprimand.
- Token Ring was more complex than Ethernet, requiring a specialized processor and licensed MAC/LLC firmware for each interface. By contrast, Ethernet included both the (simpler) firmware and the lower licensing cost in the MAC chip. The cost of a Token Ring interface using the Texas Instruments TMS380C16 MAC and PHY was approximately three times that of an Ethernet interface using the Intel 82586 MAC and PHY.
- Initially both networks used expensive cable, but once Ethernet was standardized for unshielded twisted pair with 10BASE-T (Cat 3) and 100BASE-TX (Cat 5(e)), it had a distinct advantage and sales of it increased markedly.
- Even more significant when comparing overall system costs was the much-higher cost of router ports and network cards for token-ring vs Ethernet. The emergence of Ethernet switches may have been the final straw.
Stations on a token ring LAN are logically organized in a ring topology with data being transmitted sequentially from one ring station to the next with a control token circulating around the ring controlling access. Similar token passing mechanisms are used by ARCNET, token bus, 100VG-AnyLAN (802.12) and FDDI, and they have theoretical advantages over the CSMA/CD of early Ethernet.
A Token Ring network can be modeled as a polling system where a single server provides service to queues in a cyclic order.
The data transmission process goes as follows:
- Empty information frames are continuously circulated on the ring.
- When a computer has a message to send, it seizes the token. The computer will then be able to send the frame.
- The frame is then examined by each successive workstation. The workstation that identifies itself to be the destination for the message copies it from the frame and changes the token back to 0.
- When the frame gets back to the originator, it sees that the token has been changed to 0 and that the message has been copied and received. It removes the message from the frame.
- The frame continues to circulate as an "empty" frame, ready to be taken by a workstation when it has a message to send.
Multistation Access Units and Controlled Access Units
Main article: Media Access Unit
Physically, a Token Ring network is wired as a star, with 'MAUs' in the center, 'arms' out to each station, and the loop going out-and-back through each.
A MAU could present in the form of a hub or a switch; since token ring had no collisions many MAUs were manufactured as hubs. Although Token Ring runs on LLC, it includes Source Routing to forward packets beyond the local network. The majority of MAUs are configured in a 'concentration' configuration by default, but later MAUs also supporting a feature to act as splitters and not concentrators exclusively such as on the IBM 8226.
Later IBM would release Controlled Access Units that could support multiple MAU modules known as a Lobe Attachment Module. The CAUs supported features such as Dual-Ring Redundancy for alternate routing in the event of a dead port, modular concentration with LAMs, and multiple interfaces like most later MAUs. This offered a more reliable setup and remote management than with an unmanaged MAU hub.
Cabling and interfaces
Cabling is generally IBM "Type-1", a heavy two-pair 150 Ohm shielded twisted pair cable. This was the basic cable for the "IBM Cabling System", a structured cabling system that IBM hoped would be widely adopted. Unique hermaphroditic connectors, commonly referred to as IBM Data Connectors in formal writing or colloquially as Boy George connectors were used. The connectors have the disadvantage of being quite bulky, requiring at least 3 x 3 cm panel space, and being relatively fragile. The advantages of the connectors being that they are genderless and have superior shielding over standard unshielded RJ45. Connectors at the computer were usually DE-9 female.
In later implementations of Token Ring, Cat 6 cabling was also supported, so RJ45 connectors were used on both of the MAUs, CAUs and NICs; with many of the network cards supporting both RJ45 and DE-9 for backwards compatibility.
IBM Data Connectors on the IBM 8228 Multistation Access Unit.
RJ45 'Media Filters' that plug into an IBM Data Connector converting it for use with RJ45 connectors.
When no station is sending a frame, a special token frame circles the loop. This special token frame is repeated from station to station until arriving at a station that needs to send data.
Tokens are 3 bytes in length and consist of a start delimiter, an access control byte, and an end delimiter.
|Start Delimiter||Access Control||End Delimiter|
Used to abort transmission by the sending station
Data frames carry information for upper-layer protocols, while command frames contain control information and have no data for upper-layer protocols. Data/command frames vary in size, depending on the size of the Information field.
|SD||AC||FC||DA||SA||PDU from LLC (IEEE 802.2)||CRC||ED||FS|
|8 bits||8 bits||8 bits||48 bits||48 bits||up to 4500x8 bits||32 bits||8 bits||8 bits|
- Starting delimiter
- Consists of a special bit pattern denoting the beginning of the frame. The bits from most significant to least significant are J,K,0,J,K,0,0,0. J and K are code violations. Since Manchester encoding is self clocking, and has a transition for every encoded bit 0 or 1, the J and K codings violate this, and will be detected by the hardware. Both the Starting Delimiter and Ending Delimiter fields are used to mark frame boundaries.
|1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit|
- Access control
- This byte field consists of the following bits from most significant to least significant bit order: P,P,P,T,M,R,R,R. The P bits are priority bits, T is the token bit which when set specifies that this is a token frame, M is the monitor bit which is set by the Active Monitor (AM) station when it sees this frame, and R bits are reserved bits.
- Frame control
- A one byte field that contains bits describing the data portion of the frame contents which indicates whether the frame contains data or control information. In control frames, this byte specifies the type of control information.
|+||Bits 0–1||Bits 2–7|
|0||Frame type||Control Bits|
Frame type – 01 indicates LLC frame IEEE 802.2 (data) and ignore control bits; 00 indicates MAC frame and control bits indicate the type of MAC control frame
- Destination address
- A six byte field used to specify the destination(s) physical address.
- Source address
- Contains physical address of sending station. It is a six byte field that is either the local assigned address (LAA) or universally assigned address (UAA) of the sending station adapter.
- A variable length field of 0 or more bytes, the maximum allowable size depending on ring speed containing MAC management data or upper layer information. Maximum length of 4500 bytes.
- Frame check sequence
- A four byte field used to store the calculation of a CRC for frame integrity verification by the receiver.
- Ending delimiter
- The counterpart to the starting delimiter, this field marks the end of the frame and consists of the following bits from most significant to least significant: J,K,1,J,K,1,I,E. I is the intermediate frame bit and E is the error bit.
|1||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit|
- Frame status
- A one byte field used as a primitive acknowledgement scheme on whether the frame was recognized and copied by its intended receiver.
|1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit||1 bit|
A = 1, Address recognized C = 1, Frame copied
Other technical details
Active and standby monitors
Every station in a Token Ring network is either an active monitor (AM) or standby monitor (SM) station. There can be only one active monitor on a ring at a time. The active monitor is chosen through an election or monitor contention process.
The monitor contention process is initiated when the following happens:
- a loss of signal on the ring is detected.
- an active monitor station is not detected by other stations on the ring.
- a particular timer on an end station expires such as the case when a station hasn't seen a token frame in the past 7 seconds.
When any of the above conditions take place and a station decides that a new monitor is needed, it will transmit a "claim token" frame, announcing that it wants to become the new monitor. If that token returns to the sender, it is OK for it to become the monitor. If some other station tries to become the monitor at the same time then the station with the highest MAC address will win the election process. Every other station becomes a standby monitor. All stations must be capable of becoming an active monitor station if necessary.
The active monitor performs a number of ring administration functions. The first function is to operate as the master clock for the ring in order to provide synchronization of the signal for stations on the wire. Another function of the AM is to insert a 24-bit delay into the ring, to ensure that there is always sufficient buffering in the ring for the token to circulate. A third function for the AM is to ensure that exactly one token circulates whenever there is no frame being transmitted, and to detect a broken ring. Lastly, the AM is responsible for removing circulating frames from the ring.
Token Ring insertion process
Token Ring stations must go through a 5-phase ring insertion process before being allowed to participate in the ring network. If any of these phases fail, the Token Ring station will not insert into the ring and the Token Ring driver may report an error.
- Phase 0 (Lobe Check) — A station first performs a lobe media check. A station is wrapped at the MSAU and is able to send 2000 test frames down its transmit pair which will loop back to its receive pair. The station checks to ensure it can receive these frames without error.
- Phase 1 (Physical Insertion) — A station then sends a 5 volt signal to the MSAU to open the relay.
- Phase 2 (Address Verification) — A station then transmits MAC frames with its own MAC address in the destination address field of a Token Ring frame. When the frame returns and if the Address Recognized (AR) and Frame Copied (FC) bits in the frame-status are set to 0 (indicating that no other station currently on the ring uses that address), the station must participate in the periodic (every 7 seconds) ring poll process. This is where stations identify themselves on the network as part of the MAC management functions.
- Phase 3 (Participation in ring poll) — A station learns the address of its Nearest Active Upstream Neighbour (NAUN) and makes its address known to its nearest downstream neighbour, leading to the creation of the ring map. Station waits until it receives an AMP or SMP frame with the AR and FC bits set to 0. When it does, the station flips both bits (AR and FC) to 1, if enough resources are available, and queues an SMP frame for transmission. If no such frames are received within 18 seconds, then the station reports a failure to open and de-inserts from the ring. If the station successfully participates in a ring poll, it proceeds into the final phase of insertion, request initialization.
- Phase 4 (Request Initialization) — Finally a station sends out a special request to a parameter server to obtain configuration information. This frame is sent to a special functional address, typically a Token Ring bridge, which may hold timer and ring number information the new station needs to know.
Optional priority scheme
In some applications there is an advantage to being able to designate one station having a higher priority. Token ring specifies an optional scheme of this sort, as does the CAN Bus, (widely used in automotive applications) - but Ethernet does not.
In the Token Ring priority MAC, 8 priority levels, 0–7, are used. When the station wishing to transmit receives a token or data frame with a priority less than or equal to the station's requested priority, it sets the priority bits to its desired priority. The station does not immediately transmit; the token circulates around the medium until it returns to the station. Upon sending and receiving its own data frame, the station downgrades the token priority back to the original priority.
Here are the following 8 access priority and traffic types for devices that support 802.1Q and 802.1p:
|Priority bits||Traffic type|
|x'000'||Normal data traffic|
|x'100'||Normal data traffic (forwarded from other devices)|
|x'101'||Data sent with time sensitivity requirements|
|x'110'||Data with real time sensitivity (i.e. VoIP)|
Bridging Token Ring and Ethernet
Bridging solutions for Token Ring and Ethernet networks included the AT&T StarWAN 10:4 Bridge, the IBM 9208 LAN Bridge and the Microcom LAN Bridge.  Alternative connection solutions incorporated a router that could be configured to dynamically filter traffic, protocols and interfaces, such as the IBM 2210-24M Multiprotocol Router which contained both Ethernet and Token Ring interfaces.
- ^"IEEE honors Zurich LAN pioneers", Zurich, Switzerland, 14 April 2003
- ^"Early Token Ring Work at MIT", J. Noel Chiappa, ieeexplore.ieee.org
- ^"A History of Computer Communications 1968-1988", James Pelkey
- ^"Local Area Networks", InfoWorld 24 Mar 1986
- ^IEEE Standards: P802.5 Working Group Area. Ieee802.org. Retrieved on 2011-10-30.
- ^"IEEE 802.3 Local Area Network considerations", IBM document GG22-9422-0
- ^David R. Boggs; Jeffrey C. Mogul; Christopher A. Kent (1988). "Measured capacity of an Ethernet: myths and reality"(PDF). ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. 25 (1): 123–136. doi:10.1145/205447.205460.
- ^"ETHERNET VS. TOKEN RING IN THE LOCAL AREA NETWORKING BUSINESS", URS VON BURG AND MARTIN KENNY, Industry and Innovation, Volume 10, Number 4, 351–375, December 2003
- ^ ab"TR00.book"(PDF). Redbooks.ibm.com. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- ^IEEE 802.5 activities. Ieee802.org. Retrieved on 2011-10-30.
- ^Louis Ohland. "8228 Multistation Access Unit". Ps-2.kev009.com. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- ^"What is the difference between an Ethernet hub and switch?". Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- ^"A Passive Ethernet Hub". Zen22142.zen.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- ^"networking - Duplicate MAC address on the same LAN possible?". Server Fault. 2013-01-03. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- ^"Does anyone actually still USE Token Ring?", John Sheesley, April 2, 2008, TechRepublic
- ^Bux, W. (1989). "Token-ring local-area networks and their performance". Proceedings of the IEEE. 77 (2): 238. doi:10.1109/5.18625.
- ^ ab"Whu buy from IBM?"(PDF). Ps-2.kev009.com. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- ^Louis Ohland. "8226". Ps-2.kev009.com. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- ^"IBM 8230 Controlled access Unit"(PDF). Public.dhe.ibm.com. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- ^"Local Area Networks - Token Ring". Scottsnetworkclass.com. Retrieved 2013-06-15.
- ^"Network World". Books.google.ca. 1991-06-03. p. 56. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- ^"SG244446"(PDF). Ps-2.kev009.com. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- Castelli, Matthew (2002). Network Consultants Handbook. Cisco Press. ISBN 1-58705-039-0.
- Gallo, Michael; Hancock, William M. (2001). Networking Explained. Digital Press. ISBN 1-55558-252-4.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Token ring.|